Saturday, September 26, 2015

Christmas Ornament Simplicity

Hello everyone,

Over the next few days, I'll be posting a series of fairly clean and simple ornament Christmas cards for the Fall charity card sale.  I'm fairly determined to keep them sentiment-less.


The card base is a shimmery green of unknown origin.  The ornament is die cut with Elizabeth Craft Designs 762 Ornament Set 2 from glossy paper that was smooshed with Red Pepper, Meadow, Clover and Snow Cap Ranger Alcohol ink, then covered with DecoArt Glamour Dust.

I think the beauty behind this card is the sheer simplicity of this delicate die cut ornament against the green background.  The glitter makes this ornament really sparkle and pop.  The glossy paper used for the bottom layer adds just a little more shine.  I debated adding embellishments to the swirls and snowflakes but decided to keep it just as is - simple.  Given I'm really not that fond of the shimmery green paper, you see an awful lot of it but the eye is drawn to the ornament which is really lovely.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment