Friday, September 25, 2015

Christmas Ornament

Hello everyone,

The charity card sale is coming up and we need a few more Christmas cards.


The card base is a shimmery green of unknown origin.  The ornament is die cut with Memory Box Drop Ornament and La Rue Ornament from glossy paper that was smooshed with Red Pepper, Meadow, Clover and Snow Cap Ranger Alcohol ink, then covered with DecoArt Glamour Dust.  The ribbon is Hobby Lobby Decorative Trim.

I have a ton of this green shimmery paper that I find terribly difficult to work with so I decided to use it for card bases.  The charity card sale generally requires both French and English cards, but by going without sentiments, language is a non-issue.  Once I decided to go sentiment-less, I figured I needed to go with a beautiful bold image and this ornament really works.  The sparkle is really amazing and over the alcohol ink is one of my favourite techniques.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment