Sunday, September 6, 2015

Poinsettia Greetings

Hello everyone,

I've crafted a few Christmas cards for the Fall charity card sale at the office.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on a red of unknown origin and Stampin' Up Old Olive.  The image is Penny Black Joyous stamped in Old Olive and Ruby Red on Very Vanilla and layered on more red of unknown origin.  The sentiment is Cornish Heritage Farms Vintage Christmas Expressions on Very Vanilla and layered on more Old Olive.  The embellishments are EK Success Swarovski Elements.

This wonderful poinsettia paper was in the box of donated papercrafting supplies and is truly spectacular.  There was a large enough piece that I'll be able to craft a wonderful set of Christmas cards.  I had a few challenges with this stamp.  It's acrylic so doesn't take marker well at all.  I used a Stampin' Up ink spot to apply the ink.  I wasn't originally intended to use a tag punch for the sentiment but the shape works particularly well with the layout of this sentiment.  I hope I'll remember it next time when I come across a sentiment like this one.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment