Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A Christmas Challenge

Hello everyone,

This is another one of the Christmas cards I designed for a girlfriend and I to craft at a recent charity crop.  It was planned to be simple yet impactful.



The printed paper is American Crafts "Holiday Sinterklass" layered on a brushed silver and a green of unknown origin.  The sentiment is DeNami Design stamped in Stampin' Up Garden Green on Whisper White, highlighted with Sakura Clear, Red and Green Gelly Roll pen, and layered on more green.

This is not necessarily my favourite printed paper.  I thought when I bought it, it would be fairly straightforward to choose coordinating colours but without any shading, the red, green and grey are pretty unforgiving.  I've tried any number of embellishments and glitter but nothing makes me love this paper any more.  The scale of the images is great for carding but it's those colours that make it so very challenging to use.  I'm actually quite glad I've almost used up this sheet.  Notwithstanding all this whining, this is still a lovely card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment