Monday, March 21, 2016

A Butterfly Trio

Hello everyone,

I was so utterly happy with yesterday's card that I wan't to try to another version.


The background is Stampin' Up Watercolor Wash stamped in Close To My Heart Whisper.  The image and sentiment are Woodware Butterfly Flourish stamped in Tsukineko Brilliance Pearlescent Crimson and Versafine Onyx Black.  The embellishments are Platinum Liquid Pearls.

I like this card.  It's a great card.  I just don't love it like I do yesterday's card. This grey and crimson colour combination does work great together.  I suspect that the stylized washed background is too informal for the formal flourishes and butterflies image.  I think the layers are what I particularly miss.  I wish I'd gotten the Liquid Pearls sized and spaces more evenly.  Not a bad card but I could have done better.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment