Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A Condolence Lily

Hello everyone,

Today's card is the start of a new series of sympathy cards that I crafted for my neighbor.  Her stash was depleted and she hadn't had a chance to build it up.


The image is Annabelle Stamps Square Posies stamped in Ranger Glacier White on Recollections Black, heat embossed with Stampin' Up white embossing powder and layered on Close To My Heart Orange, and Recollections White and Black.  The image is painted with LuminArte Ice, Moss Agate and Persimmon.  The sentiment is Bonnidee French Wording #1 stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The embellishments are My Mind's Eye Collectable "Notable Cute" enamel dots.

The image for today's card is one that I'd painted in January when I crafted this card and this card.  I didn't have any plans for these images when I'd first painted them.  I just wanted to play with paints and this quasi black magic technique.  I particularly like the pop of orange against the black.  My neighbor needed French sympathy cards and this particular set of sentiments has some really great sentiments in lovely fonts.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment