Thursday, March 17, 2016

Big, Bold & Beautiful

Hello everyone,

Today's thank you card uses one of the beautiful butterflies that I've had laying around my desk for months.


The printed paper is Prima "Reflections" Kashana layered on Stampin' Up Bravo Burgundy.  The image is Stampin' Up Watercolor Wings stamped in StazOn Metallic Gold, Versafine Onyx Black, Blackberry Bliss and Midnight Muse on Recollections Vanilla.  The butterfly was die cut with Sizzix Bold Butterfly Framelits and layered on Bravo Burgundy and Recollections Vanilla banners die cut from Sizzix Banners Framelits. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Teeny Tiny Wishes stamped in Bravo Burgundy on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more Bravo Burgundy.

After I first stamped this butterfly I wasn't sure how I'd end up using it, so I just set it aside.  When it came to crafting all these thank you cards, I was determined to use up some of these elements that I'd had laying around.  I couldn't believe it when I found this printed paper that worked so perfectly with the colours in this butterfly.  The style of the butter and paper work as well together as the colours.  It's so nice when surprises like that happen and the results are so beautiful.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment