Saturday, October 15, 2016

Autumn Spendor

Hello everyone,

A friend and I took a field trip to a wonderful scrapbooking store in Eastern Ontario today (would that you could have joined us Linda).  It was the most perfect of sunny fall days and I was utterly inspired by the breathtaking colours.


The printed paper was made using the shaving cream technique with Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango and River Rock ink and is layered on a textured mustard and rust of unknown origin (likely Bazzill).  The images are die cut with DoCrafts X Cut Leaves from Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper and copper foil.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Say It All stamped in Dusty Durango.  The embellishment is Pebbles Pearl Candy Dots.

I first did this shaving cream technique at a card class many, many years ago but never attempted it again.  I'm not sure why I suddenly had a yen to give it a try.  For some reason, the messier the technique, the more I seem to like it and I just love this marbled effect.  My studio smells heavenly of Gillette shaving cream and my fingers are stained with ink but this was quite fun.  I did a whole bunch of pieces so you'll probably be sick of them by the time I've moved on to something else.

I found this die cut set while shopping today and have to say I'm quite impressed.  There are fourteen different dies in this set and they are the absolute perfect scale for cards.  I've used Do Crafts paper before but I'd never seen their dies.  It was well worth the cost.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment