Monday, October 24, 2016

Birthday Blossoms

Hello everyone,

I've received a commission for 35 birthday cards so be prepared for a month of birthday card posts.


The printed paper is Cosmo Cricket Art Angel layered on Close To My Heart Ruby.  The image is Stampin' Up Wild About Flowers stamped in River Rock and Ruby on Recollections Vanilla.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Happy Birthday stamped in Soft Suede.  The embellishment is Marianne Design Butterflies.

I can't ever remember having such a challenge getting decent photos of my cards.  This is the fourth attempt!  I did eventually realize that the problem was with the editing software I use not the actual photos.  

I crafted this card at Friday night's crop so it has the same look and feel of the two Ronald MacDonald House cards.  If I remember correctly, I stamped the Ruby ink full force.  I love how the flowers pop, especially against the minimal reveal of the Ruby cardstock layer.  Not that I don't have a healthy stash of birthday sentiments but I'm grateful I had the foresight to pick up this Rubbernecker set.  It's perfect for smaller cards and the variety of fonts and style will provide some great variety.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment