Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Birthday Butterfly

Hello everyone,

Today's birthday card is another that I crafted at the crop on Friday night.


The printed papers are Cosmo Cricket Art Angel.  The image is Altenew Painted Butterflies stamped in Stampin' Up Soft Suede and Close To My Heart Cranberry on Recollections Vanilla.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart Happy Birthday also stamped in Soft Suede on Vanilla.  The embellishments are Crafts.

I finally got a MISTI (Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented) and the crop was the perfect opportunity to experiment.  I've been researching it for a while and found a great video on Justine Hovey's You Tube page.  I was particularly interested in the multi-step and die cutting techniques because I've got quite a few multi-step stamps which also have dies.  This butterfly is the perfect example.  It can be a bear to line up and then cut.  While the stamp isn't necessarily meant to align perfectly, the MISTI sure made it easier not to really flub it.  I didn't use the magnets the first time so the paper moved when I stamped it.  I didn't make that same mistake twice.  I really can't wait to try it on other stamp and die sets.

One of the biggest challenges I have with multi-step stamps is getting the right ink colours to work together.  I had such success with the double impressions trick on the cards from earlier this week that I tried it with this butterfly.  I worked exceptionally well and as long as I'm crafting fairly monochromatic cards, I'll consider it a solution.  I still need to figure out using two different colours.  It'll come.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment