Sunday, October 16, 2016

Falling Leaves

Hello everyone,

I just had to try the new stamps I picked up at Scrap En Masse on yesterday's shopping trip.


The printed paper was made using the shaving cream technique with Stampin' Up Crushed Curry, Close To Cocoa, Dusty Durango and River Rock ink on Recollections Vanilla and layered on Close To My Heart Sunflower and Goldrush.  The images are BoBunny Falling Leaves stamped in Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze, and Close To My Heart Sunset on Recollections Vanilla and layered on more vanilla.  The sentiment is Denami Design Upright Happy Birthday stamped in Early Espresso.  The embellishments are brads of unknown origin.

I absolutely love this card!  The marbled background is stunning and these leaf stamps are spectacular.  I debated buying the stamps as I do have others but there was something especially appealing about these leaves and I'm sure I'll get lots of use from them.  I debated stamping the sentiment directly on the background paper because I thought it would get lost in the swirls but with this dark brown ink, it turned out just fine.  I use this vertical sentiment quite often especially when I do images on the vertical.  This font works particularly well with the swirls in the marbled paper.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment