Monday, October 3, 2016

Flourished Foil Holly

Hello everyone,

Finally, the last card in the holly paper one sheet wonder.  I'm still amazed by the number of cards wrought from this one sheet of 12 X 12 paper.


The printed paper is Stampin' Up Home For Christmas layered on Bazzill Cardinal red, Very Vanilla and Mossy Meadow.  The images are Creative Expression Filigree Holly die cut from Fancy Pants Red Foiled paper and DCWV Foiled cardstock.  The berries are highlighted with a red Sakura Gelly Roll pen.  The sentiment is Recollections Christmas stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Very Vanilla and layered on more Bazzill Cardinal red.

Another square piece of printed paper and another challenge to, interestingly, craft it into a card.  I decided to add some interest by sandwiching a piece of Very Vanilla in the layers.  It adds another bit of interest and I can't believe I waited until the final card to do it.  I had so much success with yesterday's filigree bell that I wanted to try another die.  It took me three tries to actually get these holly leaves to work.  As the foiled cardstock is quite thick, it needed a shim, the precision plate, and a couple of passes through the Big Shot to fully cut.  I didn't do that the first time.  The second time, I placed the paper the wrong way down and the leaves came out weird looking.  It was worth the effort and frustration.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle


No comments:

Post a Comment