Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Hope And Strength

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another card for my uncle's family.


The background layer is Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper layered on Recollections White and Close To My Heart Lagoon.  The image is Hero Arts Dandelion stamped in Close To My Heart Peacock on Recollections White and layered on more Lagoon and Stampin' Up Taken With Teal.  The sentiment is Verve Forever In Our Heart also stamped in Peacock on Recollections White and layered on more Taken With Teal.  The embellishments are My Mind's Eye Notable "Cute" enamel dots.

This is one of my favourite alcohol inked papers.  I love the blues and greens.  The lighter splotches were done by spraying the sheet with rubbing alcohol.  It makes for a very interesting piece.  I came across this image when I was looking for yesterday's image.  It somehow seems very suitable for this card.  I had hoped to add a vellum butterfly as an embellishment but couldn't find one that was pleasing.  I did come across the stash of enamel dots and couldn't believe it when I found some that worked so perfectly with the background paper.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment