Saturday, October 22, 2016

Softly Beautiful

Hello everyone,

Last night I attended a crop at which we were asked to craft cards to donate to Ronald MacDonald House.  I never even knew they were in need of cards.  I love crafting cards for a cause and this is a particularly good one!


The card base is Close To My Heart Bamboo.  The printed paper is Cosmo Cricket Art Angel.  The images and sentiment are Close To My Heart You Are Beautiful stamped in Stampin' Up River Rock and Close To My Heart Cranberry on Recollections Vanilla and layered on Close To My Heart Sorbet.  The embellishments are Crafts.

This is such a lovely soft card, simple and heartfelt.  I had limited inks available to me at the crop and realized the Cranberry ink was much too harsh for the softness I was trying to create so I first stamped on a piece of scrap paper before stamping on the card.  An unexpected bonus was that even though I stamped a first impression on a piece of scrap, when I stamped the second impression, the edges of the image came out darker.  It adds some great depth to the image that I didn't anticipate but really love.  When I stamped the sentiment, I didn't remove ink but used the full on Cranberry.  These different tones of the same ink colour bring it all together.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment