Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Special Thoughts

Hello everyone,

My uncle recently passed away and I'm making some special cards for my aunt and cousins.


The background paper is Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper layered on Close To My Heart Orange and Autumn Terracotta.  The image is Hero Arts Exotic Bloom stamped in Tsukineko Brilliance Pearlescent Rust on Stampin' Up Whisper White.  The sentiment is Hero Arts Say It All also stamped in Pearlescent Rust.  The gold strip is Close To My Heart Foil tape.

I was inspired by the beautiful fall colours when crafting this card.  As these are particularly special cards, I pulled out my stash of alcohol inked papers.  It is such a cool technique and lends to the creation of some pretty unique background papers.  This is an image I've had for a very long while.  It can be a little fussy to use if the elements are all hand coloured but in this case, with the single pearlescent ink, it is pretty striking.  The horizontal sentiment stamped on the vertical is a particular favourite placement.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment