Sunday, January 29, 2017

Purple Wings

Hello everyone,

As I continue posting butterfly cards, I realize that I really crafted a lot of Painted Butterflies!


The images are Altenew Painted Butterflies stamped in Altenew Shades of Purple and Espresso on a vanilla of unknown origin and highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999 and Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The sentiment is Avery Elle Brushed stamped in Altenew Espresso on Recollections Vanilla and layered on green Bazzill and Silverthorne Design Woodbury Salterton - Devon.

This is such pretty printed paper.  I found it in a local specialty paper shop and I think it's actually wrapping paper.  Regardless, it makes for really beautiful cards and it could have been made for these butterflies.  Something I've learnt about the Altenew inks is that the colours mute somewhat after they dry and if they're still too harsh once dry, applying Wink of Stella or Sakura softens them even further,  The tone of the large purple butterfly was much stronger than I wanted but after adding the Wink of Stella, it became much softer and more what I had in mind.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment