Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Wishes In Purple

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another card using some of the elements I've been playing with over the past few weeks.


The images are Altenew Watercolor Wonders stamped in Deep Iris, Forest Glades, Frayed Leaf, Lavender Fields, Mango Smoothie, Soft Lilac, and Close To My Heart Topiary on Recollections White and cut with the coordinating die.  The images are layered on two Bazzill purples.  The sentiment is Magenta stamped in Deep Iris on Recollections White.  The embellishments are Pebbles white candy dots.

After stamping and cutting the largest of the watercolour flowers in this Altenew set, I've come to discover it is exceptionally large, especially with leaves, and it will take some creativity to ensure it doesn't overwhelm other elements on the card.  I think part of that creativity will also include balancing the elements.  In this case, I used a 'Z' pattern for the layout and placed the small, dark stem of flowers in the bottom right 'sweet spot' to provide balance out the large flower element in the upper left.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment