Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Patterns And Textures

Hello everyone,

I finally sat down in my studio space to see if I could get my mojo flowing.  We shall see if it actually worked.  I had the pieces of today's card pieced out but not put together.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on Bazzill brown.  The sentiment is Avery Elle Happy Day stamped in Altenew Dark Chocolate on Stampin' Up Very Vanilla.  The sentiment is layered on a piece of Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper textured with Cuttlebug Houndstooth embossing folder and layered on more Very Vanilla.  The embellishments are Copper Pearl Liquid Pearls.

This is one of the more masculine cards I've been working on since February.  I quite like the houndstooth pattern and the colour combination of red, brown and vanilla is great.  I thought it was only natural to add some texture with a houndstooth embossing folder.  The copper colour of the embossed layer prompted me to use the copper Liquid Pearls.  I like that they appear as little studs and work really well with the vintage feel of the printed paper.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment