Thursday, May 25, 2017

Another Nutcracker In Glittered Gold

Hello everyone,

A different type of glittered gold paper makes for an entirely different nutcracker Christmas card.


The image is a Tattered Lace Nutcracker die cut from a glittered gold paper of unknown origin layered on Recollections Vanilla.  The image panel is affixed to a piece of Ranger Alcohol inked glossy paper and Paper Accents mirrored gold.  The sentiment is Fiskars Vintage Christmas stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections Vanilla.

This is a another card that has sat on my desk for a week while I decided where to take it.  I could have used embellishments and made this a sentiment-less card but it would have been too much like yesterday's card.  I could have made this a French card.  In the end, I decided to go English because I love this vintage sentiment against the more 'modern' glittered, smooshed and mirrored papers.  This die cut is pretty large for these smaller card bases so it can be a challenge to find a place for a sentiment that isn't vertical.  I this case, I liked the oval shape of the sentiment and it overlaps the nutcracker's boot, just a titch.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment