Friday, May 12, 2017

In Purple And Green

Hello everyone,

Today's card is not quite as subtle as the last few Altenew flower cards have been.


The background images are Stampin' Up Crosshatch, Happy Celebrations, Timeless Textures and Kinda Eclectic stamped in Close To My Heart Sweetleaf, and Altenew Lavender Fields and Soft Lilac.  The image is Altenew Extra Special stamped on Recollections White in Altenew Deep Iris, Midnight Violet, Moss, Olive and Pure Graphite, and cut with the coordinating die.  The sentiment is Close To My Heart For Every Occasion stamped in Pure Graphite.  The embellishments are of unknown origin.

I think I maybe went just a little overboard with the background stamping on this card.  I don't hate the results but it sure is a little busy.  I think if I'd left off the horizontal and vertical brushstrokes, it would have been better.  These images are just 'too heavy' when up next to the other background images.  I love the purple sun, it's a 'second impression' in Lavender Fields ink and it's just right with the strong purple and green in the flower sprig.  I have a collection of loose and one off embellishments in a coaster on my desk and I decided maybe it was time to start using them instead of just putting them aside.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment