Wednesday, May 17, 2017

More Formal Roses

Hello everyone,

I was so happy with yesterday's card that I decided to run with the idea.


The background images are Stampin' Up Daydream Medallions stamped in Altenew Evening Gray.  The images are Altenew Vintage Flowers stamped on Recollections White stamped in Altenew Buttercream, Deep Iris, Forest Glades, Frayed Leaf, Lavender Fields, Mango Smoothie, Midnight Violet, Moss, Soft Lilac and Warm Sunshine, The sentiment is Creative Expressions Petite Scribbled Sentiments "Everyday" stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The embellishments are of unknown origin.

This is a very vintage card.  The ornate medallions alongside the roses just scream vintage!  Great vintage!   I stamped and die cut these flowers and leaves weeks ago after my latest Altenew order arrived.  I was just playing around and practicing so I didn't necessarily have any particular carding ideas in mind. I was thinking to combine some of the purple and yellow flowers because I love those colours together.  In hindsight, I don't necessarily think the random pearls were really needed given the fanciness of the medallions.  Except for the small flower, you don't really even see these tiny white pears. I don't feel the formality of this card is my usual style but it does combine the simple florals and stamped background that I've been crafting over the last little bit.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment