Sunday, May 28, 2017

Nutcracker In Gold

Hello everyone,

Today's Christmas card almost ended up in the garbage before I manage to salvage it.


The image is Tattered Lace Nutcracker die, cut from Paper Accents Mirrored Gold.  The image is layered on Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper and layered on more mirrored gold.  The bottom layer was trimmed with Martha Stewart's Layered Arches border punch.  The ribbon is American Crafts.  The card was highlighted with Cinnamon Stickles.

This card was lucky to be crafted.  I will never look upon it favourably and I'm glad it's going into the charity sale.  The whole issue started with a bad impression of a sentiment that I tried to fix with my stamp-a-ma-jig which was a terrible fail.  I tried a cover-up but it looked horrible.  I cut off the offending impression and improvised with more mirrored gold paper and a copper ribbon.  So the result isn't terrible but the angst it caused will never allow me to like this card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment