Friday, May 19, 2017

Nutcracker In Purple

Hello everyone,

Last weekend I got together with a girlfriend and crafted some great Christmas nutcracker cards.


The image is Tattered Lace Nutcracker die cut from a shimmery purple of unknown origin affixed to Recollections White.  The background layers are more shimmery purple and a mirrored silver of unknown origin.  The patterned layer was made using a piece of Recollections White, blue and purple Stampin' Up and Ranger re-inkers and shaving cream.  The sentiment is Magenta stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections White and more mirrored silver.

I made this shaving cream paper last fall.  I did some in autumn colours and some in blues/purples, and while I used some of the autumn papers, I set aside these sheets to use at a later time.  This is a very, very messy technique so you don't just do one sheet at a time.  This is a pretty powerful piece of paper so it really needs to be used judiciously.  The same applies to this nutcracker die.  It isn't subtle but it does make for really spectacular Christmas cards.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment