Sunday, April 22, 2018

Delicate Sympathies

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another sympathy card.


The card base is Stampin' Up Marina Mist.  The images are Gina K Botanicals stamped in Altenew Sea Glass on Recollections White and Penny Black Delicate Florals stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and Altenew Ocean Waves.  The image panel is layered on Recollections Black.  The sentiment is also Gina K Botanicals stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Recollections White and layered on more Recollections Black.

This is my favourite in this series of the sympathy cards.  I just love the blue/black/white colour combination.  I thought it was inspired to stamp the card base with the floral even though you don't see all that much of it.  I used a sponge to colour the 'flowers', using the next darker colour of this set of Altenew inks than was used for the background image.  I didn't add any embellishments because I didn't really think the card needed anything more.  It's a really striking card but still absolutely appropriate for a sympathy card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment