Saturday, April 14, 2018

Flourished Goodbye

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a more sophisticated French goodbye card.


The printed paper is My Mind's Eye Coastal Comfort layered on Stampin' Up Really Rust and More Mustard.  The sentiment is Microsoft Word font layered on Recollections Vanilla and more Really Rust.  The image is Joy Craft Floral Flourishes 6003/0006 die cut from Close To My Heart Lagoon and highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999.

I've had this sheet of My Mind's Eye in my stash for years.  It's not the most pretty piece of paper but there is something about it which I find very appealing.  It's got some wonderful fall colours with slight hints of turquoise with glittered petals.  I wanted this card to be somewhat simple because the paper is pretty spectacular on its own.  Once I'd placed the sentiment however I felt it needed just a little something more so I decided to add this flourished butterfly.  I drew it's colour from the hints of turquoise in the flowers petals and it worked surprisingly well.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle 

No comments:

Post a Comment