Thursday, November 26, 2009

Sort of Squiggly

Hello everyone,

Tonight's card is a mistaken take on this week's Squigglefly challenge which was to make a round card using non-traditional colours. Well, I didn't read carefully enough and only took in the part about the non-traditional colour. I'm submitting it regardless because it was a really fun challenge.


I used Canford silver paper for the background, layered with a piece of glossy paper smooched with the Ranger Adirondack alcohol ink technique that I love so much. The vertical silver lines are Dazzles outline stickers. The image is Inkadinkado Holiday Silhouettes, stamped in old Stampin' Up Marvelous Magenta and embossed with Close to my Heart Silver Pearl embossing powder. The image was cut out with Spellbinders Nestabilities. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Small Script. All the white paper was sponged with more Marvelous Magenta ink.
I fear this photo doesn't do the card justice. The fuschia is very bright and it is quite pretty contrasted against the silver. It is probably not the most unconvential of Christmas colours but is is not red or green either. I do have to say, the image is wonderful. I just love that entire set, it is absolutely striking.
By the way, I did my first one sheet wonder class at my good friend Carol Ann's last night. I met some really wonderful women and we had a blast making cards. What a great way to spend an evening. Thanks so much ladies!
I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.
Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment