Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Three

Hello everyone,

Today's card is this week's Pick 3 challenge card from Stamping Vacation. I love this kind of challenge as it forces me to be creative in a minimalist fashion. I'm hoping it will help me learn to create better cards with fewer elements as I so want to feel confident making clean and simple cards.



The three elements I chose were a pre-cut card base (my standard Halcraft), a sentiment embellishment and no stamps. The background paper is atd Under the Tree which, like my card from Monday, I highlighted with Holly Stickles. I just love how that looks on this particular paper. The white strip is another leftover piece from yesterday's card - Stampin' Up Whisper White textured with the Sizzix Snowflakes plate. The embellishment is a Dollarama Crafts find.

I'm quite pleased with this card. Once I figured out which elements I wanted to use, it came together in less than 10 minutes. A great card for a Friday night when my 'To Do' list is really, really, really long.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job with the PICK 3 Challenge! I love the mittens! That paper is so pretty! Clean and simple can be very difficult!

    ReplyDelete