Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sweet Romance Tag

Hello everyone,

If you follow I SPI you'll know that last Sunday I posted three cards I had made for a colleague as part of his marriage proposal. Well, he asked me to make a gift tag using a sentiment that I had presented as an option for one of his cards. I decided to combine this project with this week's No Time To Stamp? blog challenge which was to make a tag. I also joined Penny Black's Saturday Challenge which is Christmas For The Girls - being part of a marriage proposal can't be more 'GIRL'.


I used Stampin' Up paper - Whisper White, Real Red and Christmas Cocoa Specialty paper - all cut with a Spellbinders label die. I Stickled the berries on the holly paper with Xmas Red. The sentiment is from Penny Black stamped in Real Red and embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl. The ribbon is Textured Trios.

I've never made an elaborate gift tag before so I'm very pleased with the results. Next to the sentiment, my colleague asked for holly so this was a perfect excuse to use one of my favourite holly papers. I also just love the sentiment, it gave me the chills from the moment I saw it. Cross your fingers that the tag is a go. I really hope my colleague and his fiancee love all four pieces.

I hope you enjoy this tag as well and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful tag and a lovely story...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx
    P.S. I'm sure the happy couple will love everything you have made for them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow what a gorgeous tag Gisele, love this beautiful sentiment...and a lovely story.
    Thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete