Friday, February 12, 2010

Clean & Simple Birthday

Hello everyone,

Today's Clean & Simple sketch challenge was the perfect inspiration for today's card.

The card base is from Recollections. The image is Stampin' Up Playful Petals. It was coloured with Faber Castell artist pens after being heat embossed with Stampin' Up clear embossing powder. The sentiment is Sweet 'n Sassy Birthday Greetings. As usual, I wasn't all that thrilled with my colouring so I thought I would try covering the image with Close To My Heart Liquid Glass and see what happens.

I love the clean and simple aspect of this card but I have no confidence in my colouring abilities. Practise, practise, practise. Again, I had a tough time getting a nice photograph. My camera doesn't like white space. I'm going to try again tomorrow in daylight to see if I get a better photo. It has also been tough double-tasking between blogging and watching the Olymic opening ceremonies.

I'll just hope that you enjoy today's card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! The liquid glass adds a really pretty touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on the challenge...you have quite a list of challenges -- wow! -- must keep you really busy creating! i, too, was watching hte opening ceremonies AND trying to stamp. loved the maple leaves in the palms of the Canadians mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty! I love that burst of color from the flower! :)

    Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Clean & Simple Stamping! :)

    ReplyDelete