Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Inspired Valentine

Hello everyone,

Today's card is based on two challenges. Creative Inspirations wanted us to use our scrap bins and ColourQ was looking for a card with Stampin' Up Regal Rose, Blush Blossom, Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip and White. Thank goodnes I've a big scrap box.


I used a Halcraft card base. Each strip of Regal Rose, Blush Blossom, Close To Cocoa and Chocolate Chip was stamped with Stampin' Up I {Love} Love wheel. The sentiment is TPC Studio Hugs and Kisses. Peggy's Pretties add just a bit of bling.

I have to say I wasn't sure about this colour combination but I love how my card turned out. I was looking to do something simple yet impactful and this fits the bill. It is amazing how elements that may not thrill you, can come together and make a really great card. I also love using the Stampin' Around Wheel and I don't use it often enough. It is always very impactful. I also have to mention Peggy's Pretties (I get them at Scrap 'n Stamp) which are just half rounds that have been painted beautiful colours and I just love how they look on cards.

Please enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

3 comments:

  1. I like the different colors you used along with the images. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work! Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't amazing what you can make out of leftovers? Great job on this challenge. Super cute card - love the lean and simple look. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete