Friday, February 19, 2010

Raising A Sketch

Hello everyone,

Today's card is a two-challenge card. It is Wednesday's sketch from 365 Cards and today's Raise the Bar challenge which was to use only a sentiment, no stamped images. I had some Decoart Glamour Dusted images stashed away so I decided it would be a great time to get creative and put together a wedding card.


I used DCWV textured Pastels cardstock for the base. The white element is a piece of Stampin' Up Shimmery White paper textured with the Spellbinders Impressabilities Flourish plate. The ribbon is part of a 'free gift with order' from Scrap 'N Stamp. The focal image is a piece of water colour paper that was coloured with Stampin' Up water colour crayons and spritzed with water. The paper was then covered with Grafix Double Tack mounting film and liberally coated with DecoArt Glamour Dust. A Peel Off's sticker was affixed and cut out. The sentiment is Stampin' Up Small Script.

I just love this card! The colours work beautifully and the ribbon is the perfect compliment to the fancy oval focal point. Most of my close friends are already married but I know that some of my husband's colleagues are getting married over the summer so I'll just put this card in my stash.

I hope you enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card - thanks for sharing the "how - to"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gisele! What a wonderful card you've made here. That Decoart is a great focal point, and what a pretty sentiment to accent it. Thank you so much for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely GORGEOUS Gisele! Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar this week ... we do hope you'll come back for the next challenge!
    And, if you're interested, I have blog candy up for grabs over on MY BLOG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...super gorgeous...I love that flourishes plate! Thanks for playing with me over at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty!!! I love it! Thanks for playing along at Raise the Bar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful card for a wedding celebration!

    ReplyDelete