Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sketched Sympathy

Hello everyone,

Yes, it's another sympathy card but I promise I'll make a stash of sympathy cards on the weekend that won't be posted! This card is anything but sedate and sombre. I got my latest Close To My Heart order yesterday (thanks Sue) and I just couldn't wait to dig into it. I used yesterday's Sweet Sketch Wednesday as inspiration and I'm not at all disappointed.


The patterned paper is Close To My Heart 'Grace'. The blue stripe is a scrap of Close To My Heart Autmn 'Garden'. The ribbon is Stampin' Up Soft Suede Polka-Dot grosgrain. The image is Stampin' Up Flower Factory. The sentiment is Verve Forever in Our Hearts.

This is certainly not a traditional sympathy card but I think it is still effective because the fall colour are wonderfully muted. I also had fun with the stamps. I've had the set for a while but have not been brave enough to experiment. I wish I had, because I just love how the different elements came together.

Please enjoy and come back to SPI again soon!

Gisèle

8 comments:

  1. Thanks you for joining us this week at SSW. Your card is very pretty. Love the unusual paper. The image is darling.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card. Love your fun colors and added detail. Thanks for playing along with my sketch @SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful color combo!
    Thanks so much for joining us at SSW!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gisele, Great job on the sketch. I love your non tradional sympathy...the colors are great...the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for playing at SSW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really wonderful card and a great take on this weeks sketch...thanks for playing along with us at SSW :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, it is a nice card because who says sympathy cards have to be dark? I like it. The paper is different but doesn't add to gloom and the stamped flower brings out the sunshine that's needed. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card! I love this paper! Thanks for joining us at SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Sheri
    SSW DT

    ReplyDelete