Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stamptacular Girl

Hello everyone,

Today's card is inspired by two challenges. The Sketch Girl blog had a really interesting sketch and the challenge at Stamptacular Sunday was to go back in time. I'm really quite excited about this card. I think it may be one of the prettiest cards I've ever made.


The card base was stamped with Stampin' Up Cornelli Lace jumbo wheel then heat embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl. The focal element is an old, old card that I've repurposed by cutting with a Spellbinder Nestabilities Label die. It is mounted on a piece of pale, pale pink paper of unknown origin. The ribbon is Sheer Creations from Michaels (thanks for the tip Eleanor). The sentiment is Stampin' Up Short and Sweet.

I just love this card! I don't often make kid cards but I was utterly inspired by this ballerina. I had a lot of fun going 'back in time' for the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. I went through my desk drawers and my 'Tickle Trunk' looking for old bits that I could use in a card. I found a bunch of stickers that are at least 20 years old now. I also happened upon a stash of vintage cards. When my mother was decluttering a number of years back, she gave me a bunch of old cards, some of which I'm guessing go back at least 40 years. She also gave me a 'Birthday Party Ensemble' which is just striking and likely of the same vintage as the cards. I find all of it inspiring and can't wait to repurpose it into some really great cards.

Please enjoy and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

12 comments:

  1. Very sweet card! The image is the perfect way to use the sketch too. Thanks for playing along with Sketch Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous vintage card. Love your image. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
    Hugs xx From The Cruise Ship
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you fabulous card ... Thank you for playing along with Sketch Girls.

    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is so sweet! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week:o)
    Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this image, soooo adorable and great take on this weeks challenge! I'm so glad you joined us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! So pretty, thanks for joining us at Sketch Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥
    Dee (Spryte)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card ;0)
    Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

    Janneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at Sketch Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a soft and darling card! Love the colors and the image is adorable!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Girl!
    SG Hugs
    Amber

    ReplyDelete