Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sketched Anniversary

Hello everyone,

Today's card is based on Saturday's Stampin 411 Sketch Challenge. It was one of those sketches that I just had to try. I'm glad I did!


The card base is from Recollections. The bottom and navy layers are BasicGrey's Marrakech. The top layer is Stampin' Up Very Vanilla. The image is from the Outlines Rubber Stamp Co. Inc., coloured with Martha Stewart glitter markers after being heat embossed with Stampin' Up clear embossing powder. The sentiment is Waltzingmouse Say It With Style. The ribbon is Michael's Special Value.

I really like this card. The BasicGrey paper is really inspiring and I can't wait to explore all it's possibilities. I don't often colour because I don't think I'm very good at it but I happy with these results. This is a commissioned card so my fingers are crossed that colleague likes it. I think it is a great anniversary card. It is relatively simple but the colours make it warm and rich.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you tried the sketch too, your card came out great! Love the coloring, and that sentiment is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful image for a anniversary card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the fabulous colors!!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation, i love your color choices. So cool!

    ReplyDelete