Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Merry Christmas

Hello everyone,

Today's card is inspired by the papers. I found these monochromatic patterns very appealing and thought everything worked so beautifully together. I used Sunday's Stars and Stamps sketch as a starting point.


The background papers are Anna Griffin Christmas cardstock. The focal element paper is Close To My Heart Vanilla Cream layered on Stampin' Up Soft Suede. The image is Inkadinkado Holiday Silhouettes stamped in Soft Suede and heat embossed with Close To My Heart Silver Pearl. The sentiment is Impression Obsession Christmas Sentiments. The embellishments are Close To My Heart Mocha Opaques Gems.

I think this card came together beautifully. It is soft, subtle and beautiful. While it is not a traditionally coloured card it still has a classic feeling about it. It rather reminds me of the old movies of the 1940s and 1950s. Marily Munro and all that.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment: