Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall Inspired

Hello everyone,

I was out and about yesterday and just couldn't help but get some inspiration from the amazing fall colours.  The leaves are brillant reds, oranges, yellows and greens, and so very, very beautiful.


The card base is Sand Cranson Neutral Papercraft card stock.  The image is Impression Obsession Fall Leaves painted with LuminArte Ginger Peach, Jasper Red, Lemongrass, Mustard Green, and Olive Vine Twinkling H2Os after being stamped on Recollections paper with Stampin' Up Early Espresso ink and clear heat embossed.  The image is layered on brown Worldwin Metallic paper.  The sentiment is Verve Love Story stamped in Early Espresso on Recollections.  The embellishment is Close To My Heart Mocha Opaques.

My amateur painting efforts certainly don't do Mother Nature justice.  It is rare for me to use a coloured card base but this stamp just needed more that a plain white or vanilla background.  This is also a layout I've used before but I think it really highlights the painted image very well.  I love this card and am sorely tempted to keep it in my stash but will put it in the Fall card sale, hoping it doesn't sell.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment