Friday, March 8, 2013

Bird Beauty

Hello everyone,

While I was sorting through my paper, looking for inspiration, I came across a kit that included a sheet of wonderful die cuts.  Why not?


The printed paper is My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow layered on Stampin' Up Bravo Burgundy and Old Olive.  The die cut is also My Mind's Eye Bloom & Grow which is highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The sentiment is Inkadinkado Expressions stamped in Bravo Burgundy on Very Vanilla and layered on textured Old Olive.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Mocha Opaques.

This card is much more autumnal than I intended as I'm desperately seeking some 'Spring Fling' at the moment.  I was really inspired by this very pretty bird, which makes me think of the Partridge Family, but there is just something irresistible about it.  There is a second bird on the sheet of die cuts so it will be interesting to see what I come up with next time.  The colour options with this kit are pretty much limitless as you can see by the different colours in the leaves on the printed paper.  It took me forever to choose coordinating paper that wouldn't camouflage the bird.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment