Monday, May 19, 2014

Welcome Baby

Hello everyone,

I've finished the redesign series now it's time to replenish the stash and I'm determined to stick with my list.  I'm starting with baby cards because a colleague commissioned a card for her cousin.


The papers are white, grey and yellow Recollections.  The images are Inkadinkado Baby Animals stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Short and Sweet also stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The ribbon is Offray.  The embellishments are TPC Studio Class Act mini jewels.

When we were discussing her card, she said her cousin had a grey and yellow colour scheme.  Not a favourite.  She also mentioned chevrons. Also not a favourite.  What to do?  Run with it!  I decided to play with the colours and chevrons and I'm not entirely unhappy with the results.  I'm really thankful for Pinterest as I found a number of options when it comes to chevron.  This particular one was rather labour intensive and the results are just OK.  I hadn't intended to add images but I had no other brilliant ideas.  In the end, I'm glad for them as it really does make the non-traditional colours and pattern an actual baby card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment