Monday, September 29, 2014

Birthday Squared

Hello everyone,

When I was crafting this series of French cards, I loosely followed a list of masculine, feminine and neutral cards that I wanted to make.  I'm coming to the end of this series and the mojo is starting to lag so I turned to the list to see what else was needed for the charity sale.


The printed paper is of unknown origin layered on DCWV Silky Smooth Stack and textured Bazzill.  The sentiment is Bonnidee French Wording #1 stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Stampin' Up Whisper White and layered on more DCWV Silky Smooth Stack.  The embellishment are of unknown origin, likely Multicrafts.

This card is intended to be a masculine birthday card but it actually works well as a neutral card.  I love the different coloured squares.  Though virtually any colour could be used for layering, I stuck with a darker grey / lighter black to keep it more masculine.  It certainly makes the sentiment and layers pop!  The textured background layer adds even more interest to this card even though you don't necessarily get the sense of the texture from this photo.  Overall, a card well done!

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment