Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Horizontal Christmas Stripes

Hello everyone,

I'm working on some French Christmas cards for the charity card sale at the office this Fall.


The printed paper is Echo Park Keepin' Cozy which is highlighted with Silver Stickles.  The solid paper is Recollections Navy edged with Martha Stewart Gothic Arches border punch.  The sentiment is Bonnidee C'est Noël stamped in Stampin' Up Not Quite Navy.  The ribbon is Celebrate It.

My goal with this series of cards is to make a dent in the pile of Christmas paper in my scrap bin.  Given my love of Christmas cards, there are a lot of leftovers.  This ribbon has a silver highlight on the snowflakes so I decided to run with that element and added some silver Stickles to the printed paper.  I'm not certain how well the Gothic Arches work with the printed paper but it was the best option in my collection.  I've always hesitated to buy a theme specific punch but may be I should rethink it.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment