Saturday, September 27, 2014

Peacock Pretty

Hello everyone,

Another pretty French card for the upcoming charity card sale at work.


The printed paper is Crate Paper Blue Hill Collection layered on Close To My Heart Juniper.  The image is Stampin' Up World Treasures Peacock stamped in Bronze Color Box ink on Recollections Vanilla.  The sentiment is Bonnidee French Wording #1 stamped in Juniper ink.  The embellishments are Forever In Time Diamond Gem Studs.  The card is highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.

It is very rare for me to buy such a distinctive stamp but I fell in love with this pretty peacock and just couldn't resist.  I use it sparingly.  This photo doesn't do the card justice.  It really is quite lovely even with the peacock stamped in the neutral copper.  In hindsight, I should have stamped the peacock in the Juniper ink and used Early Espresso for the sentiment.  I also wish I had remembered to trim the corners of the bottom layers before I adhered them - it's just not something I think of until after the fact.  It would have provided a nice balance to this card.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment