Monday, October 27, 2014

Quilted Maple Leaf

Hello everyone,

Today I'm posting a card that I crafted for my grandmother who isn't feeling well at the moment.


The printed paper is Kaisercraft Peachy Keen.  The solid papers are Stampin' Up More Mustard, Really Rust, Early Espresso and Not Quite Navy.  The focal image is layered on Ranger Alcohol inked glossy paper.  The sentiment is Creative Vision Simply Said stamped in Early Espresso on Recollections Vanilla and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The embellishment is Dress It Up State Fair Threads.

I first saw this quilted leaf on Pinterest and thought it would be just perfect for my Grandma.  It was a bit of a challenge to find the right background for this beautiful leaf but one I realized I could make my own with alcohol ink, that problem was solved.  I played with a number of fall embellishments, in a number of colours, but finally settled on a button because it seemed to suit the quilt best.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

1 comment:

  1. What a neat idea to quilt some pieces together. A nice fall look to your quilt.

    ReplyDelete