Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Gone To Nature

Hello everyone,

I still have a few more cards I want to craft for this latest series.  This card goes in an entirely different direction that the last few cards.


The printed paper is Scrap With In Reach "The Cottage" layered on Close To My Heart Colonial White and Crystal Blue.  The images are Sweet 'n Sassy Nature Silhouettes stamped in Close To My Heart Sweet Leaf and Stampin' Up Close To Cocoa on Colonial White and layered on Stampin' Up Early Espresso.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Best Wishes stamped in Early Espresso on Colonial White and layered on Close To My Heart Sweet Leaf.  The embellishments are Close To My Heart Pearl Opaques.

I wanted to try using the same printed paper as well as the same sentiment for both the masculine and feminine versions of this pair.  I'm not sure about the femininity of this card but I thought by adding pearls it would work.  I think it really will depend upon how masculine I can make tomorrow's card.  I really had to sort through my stamps to find an image that spoke to the printed paper.  I think this particular set works.  I wasn't all that certain about adding the bird but I think I made it work by stamping just a little bit off the paper.  I know its not perfectly to scale but I think it still works.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment