Saturday, January 9, 2016

Painted Butterfly Thanks

Hello everyone,

Christmas card posts are finished, at least for now!  With the holidays over, it's now time for crafting thank you cards.  A couple of my girlfriends and I host a Crop at the end of February and it doesn't happen without a lot of help.  All that great help deserves thank you cards and it's my absolute pleasure to craft them.


The printed paper is Kaisercraft "Pink Gelato" Pink Grapefruit, highlighted with Wink of Stella Clear 999 and Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen, and layered on a brushed silver of unknown origin.  The images are Joy! Crafts Clear Stamps Sayings stamped in Stampin' Up Basic Grey on Recollections White, painted with LuminArte Buttercup, Chiffon Pink, and Plum Blossom Twinkling H20s and layered on more brushed silver.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Another Thank You stamped in Smoky Slate.  The embellishments are Marianne Design Butterflies.

After all those Christmas cards I was in the mood for spring pretty.  I'm determined, as I always am, to improve my painting skills and this is part of that resolution.  The colours didn't blend as well as I would have liked but it's not too bad either.  This was my second attempt because the first one was just beyond ugly!  I love these butterfly pearl embellishments.  They are perfect with the painted images.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment