Thursday, January 21, 2016

Thinking of Butterflies

Hello everyone,

Today's card is for a colleague whose life is in a bit of a tangle at the moment.  I'm hoping these cards will keep her spirits from sagging.


The card base is Studio G.  The background is Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card Butterflies stamped in Close To My Heart Blush.  The butterfly is Marianne Design Collectables COL1317 die cut from glossy paper that was smooshed with a variety of Ranger alcohol ink and spritzed with Tattered Angels Dazzling Diamonds.  The image was stamped in StazOn Olive Green.  The sentiment is Rubbernecker Best Wishes stamped in Stampin' Up Early Espresso.  The embellishments are Queen & Company Irridescent Rhinestones.

This is one heck of a butterfly card!  I was playing with my stash of alcohol inks a few weeks back with some very interesting results.  I couldn't resist using these papers to  die cut some of the butterflies I also have in my stash.  In crafting this particular card, I decided to pull out one of the Cover-A-Card stamps.  I knew it would work well on this smaller, squarish card.  It's a little busier than I'd envisioned but knowing my colleague, it will be perfect for lifting her spirits.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment