Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wings And Vines

Hello everyone,

Today's post is yet one more butterfly card.



The card base is Studio G.  The butterfly images are Marianne Design Collectables COL 1319 die cut from Ranger alcohol inked glossy paper, stamped in StazOn Jet Black and highlighted with Sakura Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  The vines are Gina K Hope Grows stamped in Close To My Heart Ponderosa Pine.  The background was lightly sponged with Close To My Heart Ponderosa Pine, Pomegranate and Twilight, and Stampin' Up Pale Plum and Daffodil Delight.  The sentiment is Purple Sky Limited stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.

This recent set of thank you card series has given me a chance to play with a few things like alcohol inks and butterfly dies.  I also pulled out sponges.  This isn't generally a technique that I like all that much however the sponges I used were very tight and fine.  It allowed for a much more delicate and light application of ink.  Subtle.  I like subtle sometimes.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment