Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Sympathy Ink

Hello everyone,

Today's post is another simple but spectacular card that I crafted as part of a housewarming gift.  It's always good to have a sympathy card tucked away.


The image is Stampin' Up Serene Silhouettes stamped in Mossy Meadow on Recollections White, layered on Ranger alcohol inked glossy and Mossy Meadow.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Teeny Tiny Wishes stamped in Mossy Meadow.  The embellishments are EK Success Swarovski Elements.

To be fair, this beautiful piece of alcohol inked glossy paper was already in my stash.  There is no way I'd get out the alcohol ink when I'm under the gun.  It's so messy that I do up a whole bunch all at once.  I chose the Mossy Meadow ink because the image would have just looked weird in blue or purple.  I suppose I could have layered with blue or purple but for a sympathy card, you don't necessarily want flashy or bright.  I conceded with three coordinating embellishments.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment