Saturday, October 8, 2016

McGill Graduate

Hello everyone,

One of my colleagues requested a special card for a University of McGill graduate.


The image is a tracing from the University of McGill's coat of arms fussy cut from DCWV Glitzy Glitter stack.  The bird is layered on Worldwin Silver Ore Petallics, more DCWV Glitzy Glitter and a shimmery red of unknown origin die cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 20.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up Teeny Tiny Wishes stamped in Versafine Onyx Black.  The embellishments are Crafts.

I think my idea for this card was so much better than the execution.  I wanted to use McGill's red and the bird.  My colleague wanted glitter.  The two don't work as well together as I thought they would.  The generous use of embellishments helped but ... then I thought rounding the corners would help even more but ... I don't use the Spellbinders Nestabilities all that often because I find they look strange when I get the cards finished.  Whenever I see cards with Nestabilities, I think they're wonderful.  I can't figure out why my don't.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment