Sunday, February 18, 2018

Simply Celebrated

Hello everyone,

Today's post is a simple celebration card.


The printed paper is Cosmo Cricket Art Angel layered on Recollections Kraft.  The image is Stampin' Up Good Things Grow stamped in Soft Suede on Recollections Vanilla.  The sentiment is cut from Recollections Vanilla with the Avery Elle Sentimental die.  The embellishments are Recollections Faux Pearl Adhesives.

These last few cards really have a natural sense about them that I'd not originally planned.  I've had this set of stamps, bought second-hand, for eons but haven't really used them so I felt this was a great opportunity.  I love the card but I'm also getting a few mixed signals in that the image is quite simple and serene which may not be the best way to convey a celebration.  I feel the wheat stems work with the stems in the paper however so maybe it all balances out and I'm just over thinking.  These images are not the easiest to use as you've got to get the ink on fairly evenly or it turns out terribly.  Fingers crossed that it will work for my girlfriend.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment