Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Special Sympathy

Hello everyone,

Today's card is one of three sympathy cards commissioned by a girlfriend.


The background was stamped with Stampin' Up You've Got This and Gorgeous Grunge stamped in Altenew Sea Breeze.  The image is Altenew Extra Special stamped in Altenew Forest Glades, Frayed Leaf, Pure Graphite. Starlight, Tide Blue and Turquoise on Bazzill CS White and cut with the coordinating die.  The sentiment is Creative Expressions "Petite Scribbled Sentiments" Occasions stamped in Pure Graphite.  The image and sentiment are highlighted with Platinum Liquid Pearls.

I truly believe that not all sympathy cards need to be dark and dreary.  I think you can effectively express your sympathy with colour and hope.  This beautiful sprig of blue flowers is, to me, hopeful.  I didn't like the starkness of the flowers against the white card base so I decided to use the lightest ink in this Altenew colour set to stamp a background.  I offset the more solid of the two backgrounds using it to 'ground' the flowers.  I like the results and it actually turned out better than I intended.

I hope you enjoy this card and come back to SPI again soon.

Gisèle

No comments:

Post a Comment